Things to Know:
- Before the game Hazel Mae interviewed Tulo and he said he won’t be ready for the next Tampa series.
- It was Sanchez’s return from the DL from a blister. And that pretty much lasted 1 inning when it was announced that Sanchez nail split during the game.
- A lot was asked from the bullpen and did they ever deliver. Big props to Ryan Tepera who pitched a career high 3.1 scoreless innings. They really were tremendous and made sure the offense had to chance to comeback.
- The bats were facing Archer so I can’t be totally mad at them for not having much to show for for most of the game. But man, did they ever come through in the 8th. After Smith allowed a run in the top of the inning, the offense answered back with 3 runs in the bottom to win the game.
- So Jays finally win consecutive games and a series on the last day of April. Let’s hope for better things in May.
That stare is almost a little bit comical. But not cool Archer, not cool.
Also Bautista’s 1000th hit as a Blue Jay.